Summer Electrical Safety Tips:
Follow these safety tips for FUN and safe summer activities.
- Fix broken electrical plates
- Check circuit breakers
- Test trip switches – especially those near water
- Bury or place outdoor wiring in conduit
- Replace broken outdoor lighting covers
- Use properly grounded extension cords
- Point sprinklers away from electrical outlets
- Keep radios, computers, lighting and other electrical devices safely away from pools and hot tubs
- Immediately call a qualified electrician to repair exposed wiring,faulty circuit breakers and burning or hot outlets
With a little extra care and planning, this summer will be fun, safe and memorable. If you need a reputable electrician in the North Carolina Piedmont reach out to Fortus Electric at 336.955.1023.